Ole Miss gets caught doing what everyone else does imposes one year bowl ban
Ole Miss trying getting caught with what everyone does is funny to me. I think that these teams get caught because they just aren’t good at it, maybe the head coach is a dick in real life so people just don’t keep quiet. I think that it’s the later. In an interview with a recruit Chevin Calloway last December this is what he had to say about coach Freeze.
“Well, Coach Freeze told me when you’re that big and out there with faith in Christ, he’s like, ‘What do you expect? Jesus got nailed to the cross.’ So, he was just telling me sometimes things like that happen, but that’s never going to change how he’s going to treat his players and take care of them. Even if — I don’t know if he really did make the mistake, doing what he did or not — but I can just tell he’s a good person, great person. I know they’re looking at maybe a bowl suspension [for 2017]. I don’t know what they’re gonna do. But I don’t think that’ll affect anything as far as how he treats his players and stuff like that.”
They made their beds
That’s two guys that I’ve read about this week comparing himself to Jesus. I don’t think that regular people talk like this. If a guy said this to me in my mind I’d have already checked out. Here are the new charges against the program.
• A former student-athlete was allowed to hunt on property owned by a booster while he was being recruited by the Rebels and then again on a few occasions after he enrolled at Ole Miss.
• From March 2014 to January 2015, a former Ole Miss staff member provided improper recruiting inducements in the form of lodging and transportation to two prospects who enrolled at other institutions. The NCAA said the improper benefits were valued at $2,272.
• A former Ole Miss staff member committed unethical conduct by providing false and misleading information to the university and the NCAA about his involvement in the recruiting violations.
• A former Ole Miss staff member arranged for a recruit to receive cash payments from two boosters totaling $13,000 to $15,600.
• A former staff member arranged for the associate of a recruit to receive merchandise from a store owned by a booster, and two other prospects received goods from the same store totaling about $2,800.
• In 2014, a current Ole Miss football coach made improper in-person, off-campus contact with a football prospect.
• A booster provided free food and drinks to a recruit at the booster’s restaurant, totaling between $200 and $600 in improper benefits.
Now, most of these are dumb ones. Looks like they spent some money on some food, travel and hotel stuff. The one that someone should get smacked for is giving a recruit $13,000 and he doesn’t end up going to your college. I think that you either have to club the kid after that or that guy better have been fired. Just bad at his job.
There are 21 more allegations of violations between players and ex-coaches bringing on the charges of lack of institutional control and may go after Freeze himself. Here is a video from the University. It’s a 20-minute video I don’t expect anyone to sit thru this. I did and this is one of the all-time cover your own ass videos. Freeze actually says in this video that one of their core values they need is Love. That is not a football guy.
What are they going to do to save face?
This has actually been going on for a while Ole Miss. They are PRing it all over the place trying to save a little bit of basically money. The NCAA might be withholding millions of dollars as punishment by the end of the season this year. Last May they already had self-imposed some penalties on themselves that is laughable.
The program will dock itself 10 football scholarships over the next three seasons (two in 2016, and four each in 2017 and 2018), plus one it’s counting from the 2015 season. It also self-imposes a $159,352 fine, and “involved staff” will undergo “additional rules education” on NCAA policy.
How in the world do you self-impose that much of a fine on yourself? Where in the hell does that money go? your other pocket.
Everything came to light in the last draft with Laremy Tunsil. First was the bong hits with the gas mask on, which I thought was awesome, and the next was Instagram screen shots of him asking for money in text messages from coaches at Ole Miss.
All of this happens at every school these dopes just got caught. Love it.