Published: Sat, November 03, 2018
Sport | By Matt Richards

Mourinho: Manchester United will be in top four by December

Mourinho: Manchester United will be in top four by December

It has emerged that the reason for his now-infamous training ground exchange with Paul Pogba stemmed from an Instagram post from the French midfielder during Manchester United's Carabao Cup exit at the hands of Derby County in September.

Jose Mourinho believes Manchester United can still secure a top-four finish in the Premier League, saying an unkind fixture list is partly to blame for their early season struggles.

However, they'll face high-flying Bournemouth, who sit sixth in the division and three points ahead of United following a hugely impressive start to the season that's seen them win six of their 10 league games so it will be a tough test for the Manchester giants.

Jose Mourinho put the onus on the Manchester Police after United arrived late for Champions League fixture.

More news: China’s private satellite-carrying rocket fails after launch

The Belgium star was dropped to the bench in the Red Devils' win against Everton last weekend, but Francis says his side won't be underestimating the capabilities of the 25-year-old on Saturday. Bournemouth's only two defeats have come against Chelsea and Burnley, and it is worth noting that they're also undefeated at home this season.

"In this part of the season, we play away against possibly the three biggest candidates for the title, in Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City, so the calendar was not nice to us".

'But I think by the end of December, which is the end of the first half of the PL, we are not going to be in the position we are now, will be a better position'. "He said sorry immediately, and it was really very important I think that he realised he was wrong", Sarri said last week.

"I watched something amusing in his Instagram where he says "work, work, work, ' in the gym", said Mourinho".

More news: Packers trade Pro Bowler Ha Ha Clinton-Dix to the Redskins

Jose Mourinho says he chose to appeal a recent FA charge for allegedly using abusive language because he was "100 per cent" not guilty.

Mourinho had been under intense pressure heading into the Newcastle game at Old Trafford amid speculation he would be sacked, regardless of the result, with United not having won any of their four previous matches.

An Independent Regulatory Commission convened today and decided Mourinho will avoid any sanction - a move that is understood to have surprised the FA's disciplinary department.

United say they presented a very strong defence against the charge and the club is glad the ruling has validated that.

More news: 'Father of Taliban' Mullah Sami ul-Haq shot dead in Pakistan's Rawalpindi

Like this: