Published: Wed, October 31, 2018
World News | By Sandy Lane

Sisters found dead, duct-taped together had applied for asylum

Sisters found dead, duct-taped together had applied for asylum

The family members of two Saudi sisters found washed up on the shore of the Hudson river in NY have denied reports the two women killed themselves.

An alert from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children said that Tala was missing after having been seen last on August 24.

Tala and Rotana's mother also reported them missing past year.

The same relatives reportedly rejected the idea that the sisters shared a freaky suicide pact, though that remains cops' working theory, police sources said.

More news: Ozil inspires Arsenal to 10th successive win

The sisters lived in Jedda, Saudi Arabia before moving to the USA with their mother, who lives in Virginia.

Almost a week after two Fairfax County sisters were found dead along a riverbank in New York City, mystery still surrounds their deaths. Rotana had moved to New York City several years ago.

Police sketches of the two women found taped together in the Hudson River on October 24, 2018. But the missing child report was withdrawn after it was claimed she was living with her elder sister in New York City. Detectives from NY have traveled to Virginia to follow up on leads in the case.

A passerby saw two bodies floating in the water and contacted authorities.

More news: Oil prices pulled down by global stock market plunge

The sisters were found fully dressed in Riverside Park near 68th Street.

The bodies are believed to have washed ashore with the tide and stayed when the tide went out, police said. They were wearing black jackets with fur trim and black leggings and were duct-taped together at their hands and waists, so that they faced each other.

Authorities believe the sisters may have died in a suicide pact, but questions continue to swirl about when they disappeared and how they ended up in NY. Tala was initially reported missing to the police but the search was called off after it was discovered she was with her sister.

More news: ‘Next steps’ talks ongoing - Megyn Kelly’s lawyer

Like this: